REPRESENTATION, WAIVER AND INDEMNITY
All participants joining the 2023 SAHMRI BRIGHT Walk must agree to the following Waiver and Terms & Conditions:
By submitting this Entry Form, I hereby represent to the South Australian Health and Medical Research Institute (SAHMRI), and to their respective directors, officers, agents and employees and to any company involved in the sponsorship of the Event (“Co-Sponsor”) and to any company involved with the conduct of the Event (“Event Parties”), as well as to the respective directors, owners, officers, agents, employees, successors and assigns of the Co-Sponsor and the Event Parties, (each and all of the foregoing a “Relevant Person”), that:
- I have the full legal authority to complete this Entry Form and have the authority to make use of the credit or debit card to which fundraising pledges will be charged;
- I am over 18 years of age at the date of the Event OR I am over 13 and have parental permission to take part and will be walking with a parent or guardian over 18 years of age;
- I choose to participate in SAHMRI’s BRIGHT Walk Event in 2023, along with various pre and post-event activities, which may include (but are not limited to) physical training activities. I acknowledge that my participation in all activities associated with the BRIGHT Walk Event is voluntary and that I alone am responsible for my health and safety and for any personal possessions I bring with me to these activities;
- I understand that participation in the Event is potentially hazardous and that I should not participate unless I am medically assessed as able to do so. I further understand that participation in the Event contains risks that cannot be eliminated or ruled out including, but not limited to, minor, catastrophic or fatal injuries, as a result of weather conditions, unforeseen acts or omissions by third parties or any other cause whatsoever and howsoever arising;
- In participating or in consideration of being permitted to participate in the Event, I hereby assume full responsibility for any and all risks to my person and/or to my property pursuant to such participation and any ancillary activities connected to, or associated therewith;
- I accept that the entry fee for an individual Event participant is $90.00 (plus transaction fees, including GST) unless otherwise discounted, excluding Event participants in a corporate team;
- I accept that SAHMRI may offer discounted entry fees at its discretion;
- I acknowledge that my entry fee is not refundable if I change my mind or cannot attend. If the Event is cancelled by SAHMRI, a request to refund my entry fee must be made within 28 days of notification of the event being cancelled. The amount refunded will be the registration paid, less the processing fee.
- My donations received are non-refundable or transferable once paid;
- I understand that my contact details will be used to keep me informed about the BRIGHT Walk and to keep me up to date on the work of SAHMRI. I can opt out of communication at any stage.
- I agree that the information I have provided on this Entry Form, along with the personal story and image I post publicly on my BRIGHT Walk fundraising page may be shared with and used by the Event Parties for the purpose of helping to enable the mission of SAHMRI. I understand that my name, email and other personal information from my Entry Form will be shared with or used by the Event Parties in order to affect my registration in the Event;
- I acknowledge that my name, image and fundraising total may be publicly shared for the purposes of publicly acknowledging my contribution to SAHMRI’s work, or for the purpose of helping to enable the mission of SAHMRI;
- I acknowledge that SAHMRI or its authorised representatives may remove me from the Event area and/or exclude me from participation in the Event:
- if my behaviour is inappropriate, offensive, or abusive;
- if I do not comply with any instruction regarding COVID safety given by the Event Organiser in writing or verbally.
- to prevent damage to any property;
- on medical or health and safety grounds (including to prevent possible harm or injury to myself or any other person); and/or
- to prevent or arrest any form of unauthorised marketing, including ambush marketing.
- I accept that the course will not be marked at regular intervals;
- I accept the course has checkpoints;
- I accept that I will be notified of the course cut-off-time prior to the Event. In the circumstance where I do not finish the course by the cut-off-time, I accept and agree that I may be transported to the finish line by SAHMRI or its authorised representatives (including any volunteers);
- I accept receiving any medical treatment that the Event organisers or their authorised representatives consider necessary or desirable during or after the Event should you require such medical treatment. Should I require ambulance transportation to hospital, this will be at my own expense.
- I accept that SAHMRI will not provide parking for Event participants or spectators. I accept that it is my responsibility to locate suitable parking and transportation before and after the Event;
- I accept responsibility for reading the details and description regarding the event located on the website www.sahmribright.org.au and any other information that may be sent by the Event Organiser. I agree that I clearly understand what ability is required and what is entailed by participating in the event. The event is a walk held at night in the dark, some areas will be lit but a majority of the course is in the dark. Paths, tracks and grass surfaces are used for the course and there may be some broken surfaces underfoot.
- I accept responsibility for the safekeeping of personal possessions and those of any spectators I may bring to the event. Personal possessions left unattended at the venue in any facilities provided or otherwise are left entirely at your own risk;
- I understand the nature of the event and that it may not be suitable for anyone that suffers from any conditions induced by bright, flashing lights or loud music. The event may not suitable for epileptic suffers;
- I accept the Event will operate regardless of weather conditions, except in the case of lightning or electrical storms deemed unsafe, where the weather is deemed unsafe by the event organiser or if for any reason conditions are such that insurance would be void or voided for the activity. The route or venue may not be the same as proposed if it is deemed unsafe, but SAHMRI and its staff will use their reasonable endeavours to find a suitable substitute.
- I accept to the publication and/or use of my name, challenge result, image, voice, statement or otherwise, (including the publication of my name and/or Event result in any broadcast, telecast, advertising, promotion or other accounts of this Event, in any form of media and social media whatsoever including advertising and promotions for future SAHMRI events, or for any legitimate purpose without payment or compensation).
- I accept that any content posted to our Services (e.g. photos, videos and comments) is your responsibility, and you must make sure that you have the necessary rights to post that content (e.g. by obtaining permission of copyright owners if necessary or by obtaining permission to use personal information of third parties). By posting any content, you also give SAHMRI a non-exclusive, transferable, royalty-free worldwide right to use and reproduce that content.
- I accept the collection, use and/or disclosure of my personal data by the Event Parties for the conduct, planning, organisation, administration, management, promotion or execution of the Event, for related purposes in connection with my participation in or registration for the Event, for the offering of products and services related or relevant to the Event to me, for compliance with applicable laws and regulations and for the performance of the Event Parties and/or their direct and indirect subsidiaries performance of activities relating to their internal compliance requirements. I acknowledge that in the course of such collection, use and/or disclosure, relevant personal data may be transferred outside of Australia.