Terms & conditions
REPRESENTATION, WAIVER AND INDEMNITY
All participants agree to the following event waiver
I choose to participate in SAHMRI’s BRIGHT Event in 2020, along with various pre- and post-event activities, which may include (but are not limited to) physical training activities. I acknowledge that my participation in all activities associated with the BRIGHT Event is voluntary, and that I alone am responsible for my health and safety and for any personal possessions I bring with me to these activities.
By submitting this Entry Form, I hereby represent to the South Australian Health and Medical Research Institute (SAHMRI), and to their respective directors, officers, agents and employees and to any company involved in the sponsorship of the Event (“Co-Sponsor”) and to any company involved with the conduct of the Event (“Event Parties”), as well as to the respective directors, owners, officers, agents, employees, successors and assigns of the Co-Sponsor and the Event Parties, (each and all of the foregoing a “Relevant Person”), that:
- I have full legal authority to complete this Entry Form and have authority to make use of the credit or debit card to which fundraising pledges will be charged;
- I understand that participation in the Event is potentially hazardous and that I should not participate unless I am medically assessed as able to do so. I further understand that participation in the Event contains risks that cannot be eliminated or ruled out including, but not limited to, minor, catastrophic or fatal injuries, as a result of weather conditions, unforeseen acts or omissions by third parties or any other cause whatsoever and howsoever arising;
- In participating or in consideration of being permitted to participate in the Event, I hereby assume full responsibility for any and all risks to my person and/or to my property pursuant to such participation and any ancillary activities connected to, or associated therewith;
- My donations received are non-refundable or transferable once paid;
- I understand that my contact details will be used to keep me informed about BRIGHT, and to keep me up to date on the work of SAHMRI. I can opt out of communication at any stage.
- I agree that the information I have provided on this Entry Form, along with the personal story and image I post publicly on my BRIGHT fundraising page may be shared with and used by the Event Parties for the purpose of helping to enable the mission of SAHMRI. I understand that my name, email and other personal information from my entry form will be shared with or used by the Event Parties in order to effect my registration in the Event;
- I acknowledge that my name, image and fundraising total may be publicly shared for the purposes of publicly acknowledging my contribution to SAHMRI’s work, or for the purpose of helping to enable the mission of SAHMRI.
- Subject to above, I consent to the collection, use and/or disclosure of my personal data by the Event Parties for the conduct, planning, organisation, administration, management, promotion or execution of the Event, for related purposes in connection with my participation in or registration for the Event, for the offering of products and services related or relevant to the Event to me, for compliance with applicable laws and regulations and for the performance of the Event Parties and/or their direct and indirect subsidiaries performance of activities relating to their internal compliance requirements. I acknowledge that in the course of such collection, use and/or disclosure, relevant personal data may be transferred outside of Australia;